About two weeks ago at a networking meeting, I was asked what I did to keep motivated particularly when I felt stuck.
To my surprise, I didn’t answer right away, I had to think about it.
You see, it’s very easy to keep yourself motivated when things happen the way you want to, when things go your way or when things move quickly.
Not so much when you feel stuck though.
When you feel that everything you do comes to a dead end.
When you feel that you are going around in circles.
And when you get frustrated and start thinking about throwing the towel.
With all that in mind, here are three tips for you to keep yourself motivated:
- Be very clear in your mind about where you want to get to. If you are a visual person, make a board using pictures and colours of where you want to get to. If you are a feeling person, access memories of a time in the past where you got where you wanted to and feel now what you felt then, perhaps joy, satisfaction, pride etc.
- Focus on the now moment. It’s only in any now moment that you have control of your actions. What I mean is that you don’t take action yesterday or tomorrow. Action happens in the now. It’s in the now that you can change, adapt or pivot what needs to be changed, adapted or pivoted. It’s in the now moment that you can try different ways of keep moving towards where you want to get to and to ask for help or advice.
- Pay attention to your feelings. Access feelings that give you a sense of movement. For example, curiosity about trying different ways of doing things, excitement for knowing you can get where you want and any other feelings that give you a sense of movement so you can get unstuck, so you can keep going till you get there.
So, let’s take action right now.
- Be clear of where you want to get to.
- Focus on the now moment.
- Access emotions that give you a sense of movement.
And if you feel that even when you do this exercise you are still stuck, then let’s have a chat, get in touch with me.
Go on my website and sign up for a Free Consultation.
I’m here to support you and to help you to get unstuck.
Please share this blog with others so if they are feeling stuck, they can try this exercise.