“How to stop feeling…[some particular feeling]“
As a hypnotherapist, I am asked more often than I would like if I can help my patients with this goal.
The answer is quite simple: No.
“How to stop feeling” is a suitable goal for a dead person, but you are alive.
I know that negative emotions, such as Anxiety, Frustration, Sadness, Anger, Fear, are not pleasant. However, they are part of who we are. They are natural.
We all experience these emotions, all of them, or at least some of them, at one point or other in our lives. Honestly, it is more likely that we are going to experience them again, too.
That is also natural.
For example, it is perfectly normal to feel
- anxious when going back to work after having your children…
- worried when you wonder what has changed, what new things you have to learn…
- frustrated when things don’t go according to plan…
- annoyed when you want to sleep, and you can’t for some reason.
- and even angry when somebody or something really upsets you.
It is fine to cry and feel sad when you lose someone you love because emotions are part of who we are.
The emotions are not the problem.
However, they can become a problem when they stop you in your tracks.
- stop taking action,
- can’t breathe,
- wake up in the middle of the night sweating in fear,
- or when you are constantly angry.
- when you are so anxious when that job interview that you so wanted to get doesn’t go well.
In these cases, hypnotherapy can help you.
Hypnotherapy helps you to control the emotions, not to get rid of them.
It helps you to put you in a positive state so that you can achieve whatever it is that you want to achieve, not stop you from feeling.
Actually, you don’t want to stop feeling because stopping you from feeling is like denying your very essence, denying Life. And you want to live.
So if you have more questions, or if you want to talk about it, let’s carry on this conversation, let’s talk about it. Contact me, I’d love to hear from you.